One shade of grey

21:55




No, not fifty shades, just the one. 

I have definitely gone for the minimalistic style this winter through wearing casual knits and a pair of jeans. HOWEVER due to the extreme cold change in Melbourne (coldest winter since 15 years ago!!), I realised that I definitely had to purchase a few more winter coats to keep myself warm this winter!! 

On top of my wishlist is definitely a grey waterfall coat. When I saw this one on Princess Polly, I immediately knew that I had to get it! I usually don't spend that much money on clothing, but I decided to treat  motivate myself  for this coming semester! 

Pros:

  • True to size (I ordered a size 6)
  • Waterfall style
  •  Material belt (have no idea what the proper term is) that gives more shape. 
  • Can be easily dressed down for casual occasions
    • Wear a simple knit/tee inside with jeans/pants with boots/flats
  • Can be easily dressed up for fancier occasions
    • Wear a simple fitting dress inside with a pair of heels 

Cons:
  • Doesn't keep me as warm as I hoped (good for 15 degrees and above days) 
Overall I am still quite happy with the purchase, as I really like the style of it. For colder days, I will probably sneakily layer underneath to keep myself a bit warmer. 

This piece will definitely be appearing on my Instagram a lot in the coming months! 

Just survived my first week of my second semester. Starting placements and I am super excited to be in a foundation class! Hope that uni won't be too hectic and that I can keep up regular posts! 

Much love 
xx

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Definitely with you there, it's so cold in Melbourne that all I ever reach for nowadays are my huge coats! Gone are the days where I can get away with a light trench coat :(

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love minimalist looks like this, your coat is awesome!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this simplistic look!! I'm all for the minimalistic style!!! Super cute and you look lovely wearing it!! <3

    Louise | http://www.thestylewalk.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this simplistic look!! I'm all for the minimalistic style!!! Super cute and you look lovely wearing it!! <3

    Louise | http://www.thestylewalk.com/

    ReplyDelete